You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 8:32pm 
   Atelier Démocratique
   Sound output & effects

VST instruments plug-ins
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: VST instruments plug-ins  (Read 20845 times)
Question: Do you support the proposal below?

Yes     90 (97.8%)
No     2 (2.1%)

Total votes: 92

Please read this before voting

muddle
Board Junior Member

Re: VST instruments plug-ins  
« Reply #90 on: Oct 12th, 2012, 11:00pm »
Quote | Modify

Aha! ... But one can have the advantage of all the quality  vst sounds with HA, by using them in standalone mode accessed by an HA midi port though a midi linker .    
It seems easy to use in practice, and I personally like the way it can be set  independently with your own combinations of sound.  
A simpler alternative than trying to run HA inside "reaper" or some such.  

I'm not sure that  internal VST handling would be much better.
If a particular library was fully integrated into HA as a vst ( like Garritan with Sibelius ) it could provide a  ready made  set of articulations which could be read forn the score, but at the same time you are limited to the provided set.  And it would be a major upheaval of HA.  

For standalone, the only thing to watch is the demand made on the computer by the library.    The latest and best of several libraries now expect a separate hard drive and in some cases a separate linked computer.  And probably windows 7 at least, with 64 bit and with  max. cpu  possible.
Some of us simply can't do that .   I can not even use 24 bit sound!  This limits one to the lower end of the library market ... but there are still very good sounds there.)  

(Ideally instead, a gold base 3 will appear with some local orchestra  recorded for the difficult  ensemble sounds and articulations.  Are there enough users to make this cost effective at a reasonable charge?
just a thought. )

cheers muddle.

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
gva
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #91 on: Apr 1st, 2013, 6:41pm »
Quote | Modify

on Apr 25th, 2011, 11:51am, Francois Desjardins wrote:

J'utilise N3 depuis juin 2010. N'hésitez pas à m'écrire sur le sujet si vous le souhaitez.

Je t'ai envoyé un mél pour éviter de polluer le forum.
Merci.
gtirinin
Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #92 on: Apr 13th, 2013, 7:59pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello
Most programs (many of them are worse than HA) have this possibility  Not to have it, not makes this program better and more original. Just damage it  
VST and VSTi are very useful and are used very  much
 I use them many times in other programs
When you recommend a friend to buy HA  saying that is a very  complete program  he can not understand that does not include VST VSTi
If the direction of the software thinks that is not interesting to suport it,   must  highlight that it is possible to use VST VSTi through an intermediary software and explain in detail how. It could be done in several places as a Read Me file to download the program or  in the program's Help  in  Myriad-online etc..  
 Do not say anything  just damage  the program prestige  

Vincent974
Board Newbie

« Reply #93 on: Jul 22nd, 2013, 1:46pm »
Quote | Modify

Je réponds OUI
à cette question car je souhaite pouvoir utiliser les instruments virtuels (Garritan Personnel Orchestra 4, Miroslav Philarmonik Orchestra par exemple ou VSL...) avec un logiciel de notation digne de ce nom (c'est-à-dire HA).  
Actuellement j'utilise un DAW d'un côté et HA de l'autre et je trouve ça compliqué (beaucoup de perte de temps entre les imports et exports MIDI suivis des retouches inévitables...)

HA avec une extension VSTi  me permettrait de concentrer tout mon temps vers la composition proprement dite. Et je suis prêt à payer le surcoût éventuel.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2013, 1:48pm by Vincent974 » offline

Vincent
plato1123
Board Newbie

myriad's biggest fan

« Reply #94 on: Aug 16th, 2013, 1:12am »
Quote | Modify

Sorry if this has already been answered (in French).  Are we any closer to coaxing pleading bribing the developers into adding VST?  I bet adding this support would spur another round of publicity in music publications about the awesome software that is Melody Assistant/Harmony Assistant.  Hell, add VST support and then sell the whole project to one of the huge companies that is craving entry into new markets (Adobe springs to mind).  Not that I think the current developers are anything short of awesome, but this software is so good, VST would put it over the top and companies like Adobe would be pilling millions of dollars into a truck for a chance to buy something this good (remember how they bought cooledit and turned it into adobe audition?).    

You guys are great, thanks for all your hard work (and post here when you think the VST upgrade will be done) hah!
rana
Board Newbie

« Reply #95 on: Jul 9th, 2015, 2:52pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour , nous sommes en 2015 , je pense que cette option
de pouvoir utiliser les vsti dans harmony assistant est en place maintenant ?
erick
Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #96 on: Dec 6th, 2016, 7:02pm »
Quote | Modify

Je vote oui, oui et encore oui. Pour ma part, composant beaucoup de la musique électronique ( style Jean-Michel Jarre), je ne peux que accueillir cette option avec joie. De plus dans la même idée, je trouve qu'il serait bien de augmenter le nombre de sortie midi. En effet, on ne peut brancher que trois instruments en midi, puisqu'il n'y a que "sortie midi1/2/3" .Or, j'utilise trois synthés, un arrangeur, un piano numérique, un clavier maître et une boîte à rythme. Comme je dois toujours faire un choix lors de mes compositions, ne pouvant utiliser tous mes instruments en même temps par manque de "sortie midi", je me sens donc trop limité et frustré lors de mes créations car certaines idées restent sur le bas côté ne pouvant pas utiliser l'instrument adéquate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« No topic | Next topic »

« Atelier Démocratique » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad