You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 2:10pm 
   Atelier Démocratique
   Requests for a new feature

Custom Ties
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Custom Ties  (Read 336 times)
FourPart
Beta-tester
Board Newbie

WWW |

Custom Ties   Ties.jpg
« on: Aug 11th, 2015, 7:52am »
Quote | Modify

Might it be possible to introduce a customisable tied note spread over several beats.

For instance, in an arpeggio-type chord build up - lets say a 'G' Triad, I would like to be able to do, say, a triplet, followed by a minim - G > G/B > G/B/D > G/B/D with each successive note tied from the first one to the last, perhaps with the option of individually or en bloc (from 1st note of a group to the last).

At the moment we are restricted to customising the first note only, but in an instance such as this, it can look a mess.

Also, as a further possible development of the same, if pats of the tie could be made invisible, but retaining the tie / slur line through until the ending note.  For instance G > G(i)/B > G(i)/B(i)D > G/B/D.  Although this may not be 'theoretically' correct, it is frequently used in scoring, for the sake of cosmetics / tidiness.

Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Custom Ties  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2015, 12:21am »
Quote | Modify

Hi!
Instead of ties, did you tried slurs ?
It should works MUCH better

VS languages demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win7
Keyboards: Nord Electro 3, MIDI controller+Ketron SD4 expander
FourPart
Beta-tester
Board Newbie

WWW |

Re: Custom Ties  
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2015, 12:46am »
Quote | Modify

Of course I've tried slurs - that's how I put together the screenshot.  Putting it together to score it for a printout is no problem.  However, although it may LOOK better, it doesn't PLAY it better, and unless you put a "Play It Smooth" on every slur it just plays it as separate notes.  That is the whole point of having a tie, as opposed to a slur.  When using the  Virtual Singer you can get away with it, but not on instrumentals.  I want it to play as a smooth arpeggio, not as a repeating chord sequence on each successive note.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Atelier Démocratique » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad