You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 6:55pm 
   Atelier Démocratique
   File import & export

Graphical export in LaTeX format
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  13 Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: Graphical export in LaTeX format  (Read 31720 times)
Question: Do you support the proposal below?

Yes     29 (87.8%)
No     4 (12.1%)

Total votes: 33

Please read this before voting

NICOU59

Email

Re: Graphical export in LaTeX format  
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:34am »
Quote | Modify | Remove

Peut-être une petite case à cocher pour permettre cela ?
Je disais ça pour bien uniformiser le graphisme des liaisons sur les partitions et pour éviter d'avoir deux manipulations à faire : une pour les liés, une pour les coulés...  
Sur une partition, c'est la même chose...
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #61 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:36am »
Quote | Modify

Excellent !
Je suis émerveillé par une programmation aussi fine et intelligente. Comme dans Bach (qui pourtant ne programmait pas) tout est prévu au départ.  
Vraiment, BRAVO !
Didier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:37am »
Quote | Modify

Hmmm... Ce ne serait pas très logique a ce niveau. Les boites configurent l'affichage des objets existants mais ne modifient en aucun cas ces objets.
Ce serait plutot dans Edition>Aspect>General>Coulés.

Cordialement

Myriad Team
NICOU59

Email

« Reply #63 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:44am »
Quote | Modify | Remove

ok, pas de soucis.
Ce qu'il faudrait c'est que l'affichage des coulés et des liaisons puisse facilement être uniformisé... avec une petite case du style : appliquer les paramètres graphiques définis pour les liaisons aux coulés..
Oliveira
Board Master

WWW |

« Reply #64 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:55am »
Quote | Modify

¡Fantastic!
      ¿All this stuff in the next version?

It will be amazing.    

J.A.Oliveira

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com Mi coro: http://novosairesnigran.blogspot.com.es/
H.A 971 V.S. Gold2 Omer. PDF to Music, Overture 5.4 (Win 64 bits).
edubrazil
Board Newbie

Vocal music, a cappella

« Reply #65 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 3:55pm »
Quote | Modify

Hats off! Awesome!
What I have to say is that I'm looking forward to this new version of Harmony Assistant.
When I first looked for a notation software I wanted one that would handle shaped notes. HA / MA did and had some other cool features and I got it.
But later I became disappoint with the lack of fine tuning in engraving. So much so that I am using HA just for visual editing and exporting. Then I use abcm2ps (from Jef Moine) for printing. Gives me some very neat automatic scores.
I started studying Lilypond, but it's a huge learning curve
But I have plans to continue to use it.
Yet I'll stick to HA, you all have proved to be willing to improve.
By the way, it's great to have a export to Lilypond, but currently, on the Lilypond side, they're developing a MusicXML import filter. So there! We could communicate through XML!
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

Québec, Canada. Classique, jazz, opéra, blues, etc

« Reply #66 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 4:37pm »
Quote | Modify

La pauvre Lily Pond, est toute nue (pas d'interface, et lui donner du crédit qu'elle ne mérite pas toujours, c'est donner du crédit à un système de ligne de commandes qui a depuis fort longtemps fait ses preuves que ça ne fonctionne pas pour une immense majorité de personnes, ce serait un retour en arrière). Avec ce peaufinement dans HA, la p'tite n'a qu'à aller se rhabiller, ou tout simplement s'habiller parce qu'elle n'a jamais eu de vêtements!  

Bravo à Myriad!

Laurier NAPPERT (Voyez mon nouveau site ci-dessous)
http://web.mac.com/lauriernappert/
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #67 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:40pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 29th, 2005, 4:37pm, Laurier wrote:
La pauvre Lily Pond, est toute nue, la p'tite n'a qu'à aller se rhabiller, ou tout simplement s'habiller parce qu'elle n'a jamais eu de vêtements!  

Qu'en termes galants ces choses-là sont dites... On dirait du Brassens ! Visiblement Lily Pond inspire Laurier !  
edubrazil
Board Newbie

Vocal music, a cappella

« Reply #68 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:19am »
Quote | Modify

A few more remarks (and my appologies if I’m deviating too much of the topic):
- After (or while) HA works with all the shown improvements in typesetting resources, the focus on the program should be turned to making things the engraving more automatic. I know that there is a script “adjust document”, but the result doesn’t display much improvement in beauty for the score. But, it is a start… maybe the script could be developed in such a way that would work towards what Lilypond aims to do.
- A well engraved score of the same music in HA, Finale, Sibelius wouldn’t look much different from each other. What really counts is how much time is spent in preparing it? Personally, I’m not even an intermediate user of HA, and have been frustrated that typesetting a song with 20 bar measures took me so long to correct all the clashes in the lyrics, make a tighter spacing, move notes colliding and trespassing bar lines, shaping slurs, faking stanza numbers, that I felt like giving up.
Didier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #69 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 7:20am »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 30th, 2005, 1:19am, edubrazil wrote:
A few more remarks (and my appologies if I’m deviating too much of the topic):
- After (or while) HA works with all the shown improvements in typesetting resources, the focus on the program should be turned to making things the engraving more automatic. I know that there is a script “adjust document”, but the result doesn’t display much improvement in beauty for the score. But, it is a start… maybe the script could be developed in such a way that would work towards what Lilypond aims to do.
- A well engraved score of the same music in HA, Finale, Sibelius wouldn’t look much different from each other. What really counts is how much time is spent in preparing it? Personally, I’m not even an intermediate user of HA, and have been frustrated that typesetting a song with 20 bar measures took me so long to correct all the clashes in the lyrics, make a tighter spacing, move notes colliding and trespassing bar lines, shaping slurs, faking stanza numbers, that I felt like giving up.
`

Yes, I think you deviate. The goal of our team is to answer to user requests. Provide a precise request we will be glad to analyse it.
Of course, "Don't work" "don't provide improvement", "must be better", etc.. are not precise request.

Best regards

Myriad Team
marce
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

SouthAmerican Folk Music & Classic Music, Worship

« Reply #70 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 7:40am »
Quote | Modify

Maybe an idea to avoid ambiguous request.
Taking Lilypond like another option for export, maybe, and not a "competitor", i liked the idea they put in their website.
That idea is the following: You know that there are things that are "subjective", i can say "this is Nice" and you found it "ugly". I can say that a score is well "engraved" and some other can say, "no, is not".
Well, there exist "classic" editions of music, that, specially in classic music, are famous because their clarity for to be readed.
Maybe we can take some ones of this famous printed editions (some excerpts), that the most of users agree are very readable, and very nices, and compare with the output that HA produces.
That can helps to improve the engraving, or make some diffrent templates for diffrent engraving "tastes"
Just a thought, and must be said, i hadnt tryed too much the HA engraving possibilities yet.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2005, 7:44am by marce » offline

Marcelo Colina
Kindergarden music teacher (yeah, i work with the big ones
My music Motagator
Henri
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

« Reply #71 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 4:52pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 29th, 2005, 4:37pm, Laurier wrote:
La pauvre Lily Pond, est toute nue (pas d'interface, et lui donner du crédit qu'elle ne mérite pas toujours, c'est donner du crédit à un système de ligne de commandes qui a depuis fort longtemps fait ses preuves que ça ne fonctionne pas pour une immense majorité de personnes, ce serait un retour en arrière). Avec ce peaufinement dans HA, la p'tite n'a qu'à aller se rhabiller, ou tout simplement s'habiller parce qu'elle n'a jamais eu de vêtements!  

Encore une fois, ce qui fait la force de Lilypond, c'est l'exceptionnelle qualité du rendu d'impression. Avec ce logiciel, aucun réglage n'est nécessaire pour obtenir un résultat satisfaisant. On entre une suite de notes et ça sort nickel. C'est bien beau d'avoir des possibiliés de réglages dans tous les sens, encore faut-il pouvoir s'en servir à bon escient, et là ça devient très compliqué si le "moteur de gravure" n'est pas très au point.
Je souhaite que celui d'Harmony Assistant s'améliore encore, et j'attends avec impatience les nouvelles fonctions salivantes que vient de nous montrer Didier. Mais je souhaiterais encore plus que ces fonctions soient inutiles parce que le rendu serait parfait avec les réglages par défaut.
Lilypond a au moins le mérite de prouver que c'est possible. Wait and see, donc, et pour l'heure je continue de militer pour qu'une passerelle entre les deux logiciels existe.
Cordialement
Henri
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #72 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 5:45pm »
Quote | Modify

Merci de préciser "rendu parfait". Il est impossible d'améliorer quelque chose si personne ne dit ce qui ne va pas...

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
Henri
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

Re: Graphical export in LaTeX format   Aria_Goldberg.pdf
« Reply #73 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 6:30pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 31st, 2005, 5:45pm, Olivier Guillion wrote:
Merci de préciser "rendu parfait". Il est impossible d'améliorer quelque chose si personne ne dit ce qui ne va pas...

C'est vrai !
Prenons la proposition dans l'autre sens.
Un bon exemple vaut mieux qu'un long discours.
J'ai saisi cet après-midi l'Aria des Goldberg avec Lilypond. Il m'a fallu environ 2 heures (je débute sur Lilypond). Le fichier brut (.ly) pèse 3,9 ko. Les seuls réglages que jai effectués sont de préciser le format de papier (A4), de spécifier la taille de la police pour que tout tienne sur une feuille, et d'indiquer quelques sauts de lignes. Le reste du code, c'est uniquement la retranscription de la musique.
Je joins le résultat en PDF.
Voilà, ce serait super qu'HA puisse faire pareil.
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

Québec, Canada. Classique, jazz, opéra, blues, etc

« Reply #74 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 9:25pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 31st, 2005, 4:52pm, Henri wrote:
Encore une fois, ce qui fait la force de Lilypond, c'est l'exceptionnelle qualité du rendu d'impression. Avec ce logiciel, aucun réglage n'est nécessaire pour obtenir un résultat satisfaisant. On entre une suite de notes et ça sort nickel. C'est bien beau d'avoir des possibiliés de réglages dans tous les sens, encore faut-il pouvoir s'en servir à bon escient, et là ça devient très compliqué si le "moteur de gravure" n'est pas très au point.

Oui, d'accord, mais à quoi bon la perfection si son accessibilité est limitée à quelques rares initiés qui peuvent ou qui veulent bien encore se servir de lignes de codes pour obtenir cette perfection? Opinion bien personnelle, je préfère encore très nettement une certaine imperfection qui est accessible à une immense majorité qu'un perfection qui n'est accessible qu'à une infime minorité...

Laurier NAPPERT (Voyez mon nouveau site ci-dessous)
http://web.mac.com/lauriernappert/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  13 Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Atelier Démocratique » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad