You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 10:10am 
   Atelier Démocratique
   File import & export

CD+G export
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print
   Author  Topic: CD+G export  (Read 3739 times)
Question: Do you support the proposal below?

Yes     11 (61.1%)
No     7 (38.8%)

Total votes: 18

Please read this before voting

Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

CD+G export  
« on: Nov 8th, 2005, 7:59am »
Quote | Modify

Description:
CD+G (Karaoke CDs) export and/or burning.  
A first pre-study shows it would be necessary to write a complete CD-burning application.

Difficulty:

Product(s):

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
Robert_A.
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

Vocalist

WWW |

Re: CD+G export  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 4:39pm »
Quote | Modify

Would one of the "yes" voters please write why this cannot be done through an existing CD burning program ? Is it that the karaoke function is so specialized ?
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2005, 4:40pm by Robert_A. » offline
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

Québec, Canada. Classique, jazz, opéra, blues, etc

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 4:47pm »
Quote | Modify

Si mes souvenirs sont bons, c'est le mode commercial de karaoke. Ce format n,est pas très courant et peu utilisé. Je pense qu'il vausrait mieux consacrer ses efforts à quelque chose de plus important.

Laurier NAPPERT (Voyez mon nouveau site ci-dessous)
http://web.mac.com/lauriernappert/
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:24pm »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 9th, 2005, 4:39pm, Robert_A. wrote:
Would one of the "yes" voters please write why this cannot be done through an existing CD burning program ? Is it that the karaoke function is so specialized ?

To my knowledge, CD+G discs are not burned using the same system as usual ones. I'm not sure they are even based on ISO 9660 standard...

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:54pm »
Quote | Modify

Voici un lien où l'on explique un peu ce que c'est:
http://users.pandora.be/erik.deppe/cdgcreatordoc.htm

En ce qui me concerne, ce n'est très définitivement pas une priorité, je pense qu'il y a beaucoup plus intéressant et important à développer que quelque chose d'aussi marginal et "jouet" que cela...  

marce
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

SouthAmerican Folk Music & Classic Music, Worship

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:25pm »
Quote | Modify

I have heard from them, but never seen a player of a disc. Where are they popular? In ASIA? Or they can be played with the normal DVD players with karaoke functions?

Marcelo Colina
Kindergarden music teacher (yeah, i work with the big ones
My music Motagator
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:37pm »
Quote | Modify

You normally need a specific CD player that can play this format. These karaoke machines are sometimes found in bars or night clubs. Some years ago, they were sold around Christmas time as toys for the kids. They say that nowadays, since 2004, most CD players should be able to play them, but that is not garanteed! That also means that all the CD players bought before 2004, whether they are home players or computer installed are not able to play these CD. This is what I get from the information I read on several sites on the web.

Robert_A.
Beta-tester
Board Senior Member

Vocalist

WWW |

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 9:47pm »
Quote | Modify

Apparently, karaoke machines are very popular among some Asian groups, even when they come to the USA. In California, each time I see a "karaoke bar," it is frequented by Filipinos or Vietnamese pretending to be Elvis. I do not know how it is elsewhere.

Today, I surfed the Internet for CDG and CD+G. I did not find any free or low-cost software to make CD+G discs, but there is some not-too-expensive shareware. I also noted that Sourceforge has a project with some source code (probably for Unix or Linux), but the project does not seem to be too active.

To my knowledge, all of the Interest in karaoke is for modern popular music, which is under strict copyright. Perhaps this is not an area that is of interest to Myriad.
johng1970
Board Newbie

redea30591   redea30591
WWW |

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11th, 2009, 3:27am »
Quote | Modify

on Nov 9th, 2005, 4:39pm, Robert_A. wrote:

This feature would be incredible if one could be guaranteed that your average cheap cd-recorder would be able to write the cd's to a cdr media.  Otherwise, it'd be effort waisted on something that a select few people would use when the mass would rather see other features.  I'd vote yes if I didn't think it'd take away from other features being added, and that it wouldn't be useless to the majority of the people.  CD+G uses a sub-channel that is not normally supported and not guaranteed to work on any specific cd writer.  Because of the sub-channel usage, I'm not sure if the ISO specification would support it.  Perhaps bin/cue format may, but one would have to check on that....
jzeitlin
Board Newbie

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2009, 3:58pm »
Quote | Modify

I would much rather see effort devoted to improving the existing functionality relevant to music composition, which is where Melody/Harmony Assistant appears to have previously been positioned.  There are experimental forms that I would like to do composition in, that simply cannot be reasonably done by any program presently on the market; Melody/Harmony Assistant comes closest to being able to support the concept, but still falls short in the execution.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Send Topic | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Atelier Démocratique » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad