please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2018, 12:28am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Installation issue on Windows 10
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Installation issue on Windows 10  (Read 246 times)
FPSt
Board Newbie

Installation issue on Windows 10   error.PNG
« on: Mar 3rd, 2018, 10:05pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi Myriad Team
I just installed the current version of Harmony Assistant on a Windows 10 system which was clean installed. No migration from earlier versions of windows.
I chouse "Roming" during the installation. Now the program has a problem storing a file under the installation path on closing. This will be normal under restricted usage. But why will the program do this?  
A closer look to the installation shows me the folder ACAMPREF in the installation folder. On my prior system which was migrated from Windows 7 this folder was found on AppData\Roaming which is in the user profile.
This is the expected room where software should store user specific data.  
What can I do now. Reinstallation? Moving the folder ACAMPREF to the user profile as found in the older installation the result is a error message attached here.

bubu42
Board Master

Re: Installation issue on Windows 10  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2018, 10:23am »
Quote | Modify

There are all chances that the issue is due to the management of rights in Win 10. From what I know, there are a few workarounds.
First, check the properties of the Myriad Documents folder and set the rights to "all users" (or something of the kind)
You may have to run HA in "administrator's mode" : right click on the shortcut to access the popup menu which will allow you to do so.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad