please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 8:32am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   additional questions

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: additional questions  (Read 98 times)
milacom
Board Newbie

additional questions  
« on: Dec 5th, 2017, 5:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello

1) On which software of Melody Assistant or Harmony Assistant can I insert fingerings (numbers) attributed to each edited note?

2)
-a) instead of cutting / pasting, is there a way to temporally shift a selection or note in the range (eg I shift everything to the right by half a beat)

-b) How to transform the time of a note without replacing it?

3) By default, when I use a MIDI input keyboard, the sound played by the support of a note on this keyboard is a piano. Can I change that, ie instrument by default?
note: I know how to change the instrument when I read the project but not when I press the external midi keyboard notes

Thank you for your help
bubu42
Board Master

Re: additional questions  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2017, 7:05pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 5th, 2017, 5:48pm, milacom wrote:
1) On which software of Melody Assistant or Harmony Assistant can I insert fingerings (numbers) attributed to each edited note?

Both. You edit the note (double-click on it) and use the "effects" tab. The effect can be automatically placed in different spots. Quote:

2)
-a) instead of cutting / pasting, is there a way to temporally shift a selection or note in the range (eg I shift everything to the right by half a beat)

To shift to the right, first make sure that in the "options" menu, the first line (limit editing to one bar) is not checked. Then, you can add a notes/rests for half a beat. The rest of the music will be shifted to the right. Of course, if the option is checked, the shifting will be limited to the bar (and perhaps cancelled if the bar is already full) Quote:

-b) How to transform the time of a note without replacing it?

You mean the duration of the note, I suppose. Edit the note and change its duration slider. However, if you want a different note (e.g. a 1/4 instead of a 1/8 ), select the new note and use the syringe tool to inject the new duration. Quote:

3) By default, when I use a MIDI input keyboard, the sound played by the support of a note on this keyboard is a piano. Can I change that, ie instrument by default?
note: I know how to change the instrument when I read the project but not when I press the external midi keyboard notes

Try assigning the instrument to the staff before inputting MIDI notes. The echo should be on this instrument.
PaulL
Board Full Member

Organist and choir director

Re: additional questions  
« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2017, 11:38pm »
Quote | Modify

Bubu, when you say edit the note and change its duration slider, are you referring to pressure time?  That changes the played duration, but does not alter the note value; i.e., it doesn't change it from a quarter to an eighth or a half, etc.

I believe what the original poster wants is Edit > Actions > Change duration, which allows the value of the selected note(s) to be altered.

Le silence éternel des espaces infinis m'effraie.

Church musician
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win XP
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad