please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 8:50pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Midi Input B1 instead of A#4

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Midi Input B1 instead of A#4  (Read 226 times)
jazmaan
Board Junior Member

Bebop Spoken Here! (Virtual Singer!)

Midi Input B1 instead of A#4  
« on: Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:10pm »
Quote | Modify

Harmony Assistant 9.7.1c.  Whenever I try to midi input the note A#4 it writes and plays a B1 instead!   This happens on two different midi controllers.  It also happens in the latest Melody Assistant.  Please advise.  Also happens in the latest Beta RC2 freshly installed.

All other notes seem to be inputted normally.  Just that one note is malfunctioning.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:15pm by jazmaan » offline
jazmaan
Board Junior Member

Re: Midi Input B1 instead of A#4  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:39am »
Quote | Modify

29 reads but no replies.  Anybody have any idea what it could be?  I would have blamed my midi controller but the same thing happens on two completely different controllers (One is a wind controller, the other a keyboard.)   And other midi programs  I'm using (Cubase, Band-in-a-Box, Studio One) don't have this issue, just Harmony and Melody Assistant.   And its just that one note that gets dropped 3 octaves and a 1/2 step from A sharp 4 to B1.  

Both my midi controllers are USB and I'm on a Windows 10 machine.  I've already tried fresh installs of the latest versions of HA and MA.  Rebooting the computer doesn't help either.
Lagaffe
Board Master

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:20pm »
Quote | Modify

May be the choice of instrument for the staf ?

Pourquoi faire simple... Quand on peut faire compliqué ?
iMac 27, Macbook pro
HA 9.6.3i, HA 9.8
Melody Player 6.5.0
Mac OS Sierra
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:15pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi Jazman,  I just tried my midi keyboard on RC 2 and my older HA version.  In both cases they played and entered the correct notes.  

I can't find any setting to change  that can reproduce your problem.  
 If HA uses a 'look up chart" (array) to identify note numbers I suppose it could have been corrupted somehow??  
Not likely, but you could try a re-download -reinstall.    

There's a script "midi input monitor"  in the midi scripts.
it runs just by itself and prints the notes/ numbers / velocity  it is receiving.  
Try that ( one note a time slowly) and it should confirm ( or not) whether your controllers are at least sending the right midi note code for the troubling notes to HA.
If they are correct it will eliminate at least one possibility.

Hmm .. or..wait on ..  if the critical notes do seem wrong in the script output list it might indicate two different things.
Are your controllers somehow set differently for HA than the other working devices?
It seems unlikely  though, that their messages should be different for HA.

Second possibility is that the script output shows your HA 'note array' converter is  indeed corrupted in some way.  
(The script refers to a 'get midi' function which likely uses the standard working code)  

can't think of anything else
consult the experts!

Muddle.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:36pm by muddle » offline

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
jazmaan
Board Junior Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 4th, 2017, 11:55pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks for the ideas Muddle.   What surprised me most was that a fresh install of Melody Assistant gave the same issue as a fresh install of Harmony Assistant.   I'm using a wind controller and a keyboard controller,  both are USB.   I'll try your midi script idea and report back, but I didnt see anything unusual in the built-in midi monitor.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad