please Login or Register.
Dec 11th, 2017, 7:03am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Repeat Bars
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Repeat Bars  (Read 623 times)
bassmale
Board Newbie

Re: Repeat Bars  
« Reply #15 on: Dec 1st, 2017, 5:09pm »
Quote | Modify

Oh, it is easy isn't it.... once you know!! Thank you very much for your help - it is much appreciated.
bassmale
Board Newbie

« Reply #16 on: Dec 1st, 2017, 6:00pm »
Quote | Modify

Sorry, I replied too soon! I select the bars that contain the lyrics but cannot then position the cursor on the lyrics that I want hide. All that happens if I click to attempt to position the cursor is the bar selection disappears. I tried right clicking but the menu does not contain the "hide" function. I know I am missing something very simple but at the moment I can't find the method
PaulL
Board Full Member

Organist and choir director

Re: Repeat Bars   HideLine.jpg
« Reply #17 on: Dec 1st, 2017, 10:14pm »
Quote | Modify

Make sure the lasso tool is selected.  Once you have selected the measures with the line to be hidden, position the cursor over the lyrics space.  It will turn into the I-bar, and then you can right-click.  You may have to experiment a bit to get the popup menu to show up without accidentally selecting one of the options.  Thank heaven for Undo!

Le silence éternel des espaces infinis m'effraie.
Lagaffe
Board Master

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 2nd, 2017, 8:38am »
Quote | Modify

Les zones de portées ne doivent pas se chevaucher, sinon il est impossible de sélectionner la ligne de paroles du bas

Pourquoi faire simple... Quand on peut faire compliqué ?
iMac 27, Macbook pro
HA 9.6.3i, HA 9.8
Melody Player 6.5.0
Mac OS Sierra
bassmale
Board Newbie

« Reply #19 on: Dec 2nd, 2017, 4:37pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you gentlemen! I hadn't realised that the bar selection range only covers the first two lines of lyrics. I was previously attempting to select the 3rd and 4th lines, which were the ones I wanted to hide, but of course these are outside the green selected area. As lines 1 and 2 are the same lyrics as 3 and 4, I overcame the problem by hiding lines 1 and 2, which moved up the two lower lines.

Another handy technique learned! Merci.
PaulL
Board Full Member

Organist and choir director

Re: Repeat Bars   ControlHandles.jpg
« Reply #20 on: Dec 2nd, 2017, 10:15pm »
Quote | Modify

If you display the control handles (Score>Page mode setup>Display control handles or CTRL-T), look for the two red triangles and the blue triangle, all on the left.  The plain red triagle adjusts the position of the staff in the staff area, the red triangle with an L next to it adjusts the position of the lyrics lines, and the blue triangle adjusts the height of the staff area.

You generally want the staff area to be tall enough to hold all the markings (page numbers, dynamics, tempos, etc.) that you want above the staff, the staff itself, and all the lyrics lines below the staff (or at least the lowest note on the staff, if it has no lyrics).

There are tutorial videos that show how to use all these features.

Le silence éternel des espaces infinis m'effraie.
bassmale
Board Newbie

« Reply #21 on: Dec 3rd, 2017, 6:12pm »
Quote | Modify

Many thanks Paul. It's so easy to get carried away with the desire to produce a composition rather than do the necessary homework to determine the technique first!
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad