please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:44pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Four and a quarter beats
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Four and a quarter beats  (Read 307 times)
Dynamo
Board Newbie

Four and a quarter beats   17_beats_crop.jpg
« on: Dec 9th, 2015, 1:42pm »
Quote | Modify

I don't use HA very much but its usually great. I think I've found a bit of a glitch though. Can anyone here explain how I've managed to get four and a quarter beats in this bar when I'm using the basic 4/4 time signature? As far as I can tell it only happens in bar 107 of the song and I don't think it affects the playing of the song. I also can't put a drum into the first space so I'm assuming it doesn't really matter, but it is very strange.

bubu42
Board Master

Re: Four and a quarter beats  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2015, 1:59pm »
Quote | Modify

Just to check, I would try to place a time signature in bar #107 (without clicking on OK).
HA will show the actual time signature. Now, if it is (as expected) 4/4, there must be something wrong in the drum staff (perhaps something to do with tuplets).
You can also try to attach the file (for copyright reasons, you may have to erase from bar #1 to bar #105, and "save as..." under a different name) to a post so that we can take a look at it.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Dynamo
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2015, 2:30pm »
Quote | Modify

I edited the score down to about 4 bars around the glitch but the extra quarter beat disappeared and now its disappeared from the whole score too so I'm afraid I can't send it. Looks like the problem has righted itself though so that's a good thing. All these things set to try us I guess lol. Thanks anyway.
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2015, 4:02pm »
Quote | Modify

Good !
I know that lost time can't be made up for, but I couldn't imagine what to do with extra time !

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad