please Login or Register.
Nov 27th, 2014, 3:24pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   rinting, again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: rinting, again  (Read 1087 times)
merrisian
Board Newbie

rinting, again  
« on: May 2nd, 2012, 1:09am »
Quote | Modify

Hi all. After a bit of a break have been set the task of turning a whole load of hand-written pieces into pdf files so the print quality has to be perfect. I'm afraid I'm having problems. I have set a piece and carefully used the bar controls to mark 'no end of line', 'end of line', 'end of page' through the whole piece but the page mode setting bears no resemblance to these instructions. For example, page 2 only has one stave on it! I have tried adjusting in engraver mode, forcing bar numbers, groups per page and page number but the results are haphazard at best.Is there a simple way of getting the print version to look like I want it to. 'x'no.of bars per line, 'x' no.of staves per page 'x' no.of pages.
merrisian
Board Newbie

Re: rinting, again  
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2012, 1:10am »
Quote | Modify

Should have read Printing again, sorry, problem with the p on my keyboard
crimhead
Board Master

Mainz   Germany

WWW | Email

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2012, 5:53am »
Quote | Modify

Hello

Could you please attach an example file that shows your problem? Makes it easier to solve your problem

best regards

Lutz

Please visit me at http://www.myspace.com/lutzstahlhofen
merrisian
Board Newbie

Re: rinting, again   Omagh.myr
« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2012, 4:31pm »
Quote | Modify

Attached is the latest piece I'm working on. I haven't included fingering or any tempo directions as yet. I have gone through very carefully marking 'no end of line','end of line', 'end of page' in the bar menu but the score looks nothing like how I want it with 23 pages!! I want

Page 1. 5 lines to bar 17
Page 2. 6 lines to bar 31 (tremelo section 2 bars per line)
Page 3. 6 lines to bar 43
Page 4. 6 lines to bar 55
Page5. 6 lines to bar 67
Page 6. 5 lines to bar 77
Page 7 5 lines to bar 97
Page 8 5 lines to bar 108

.........please!!  

bubu42
Board Master

Re: rinting, again   Omagh01.myr
« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2012, 4:51pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello there !
I've given a quick look at the score. First, I should say that staff area is far too big. So, I've reduced it a lot a relocated the staff and the bar numbering. As it was not enough, I also decreased the printing scale (for 80% to 70 %) Still, I think you can't expect to have 6 lines per page. Five should be all right. I've removed most of the page breaks and the score is now only 9 pages.
I join the modified file. Perhaps, you can run through this, addding page breaks from time to time.
If you really want 6 lines per page there are only two solutions : either you reduce the printing scale (File menu>Printing options or settings, I can't remember the exact English term) or you change the size of the staff and symbols (in the staff menu : going to normal to average)
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

Re: rinting, again   Omagh2.myr
« Reply #5 on: May 2nd, 2012, 5:19pm »
Quote | Modify

First, remove all the "end of line", "end of page" and "no end of line" symbols that have been set on the score.
(if it's too long, I can write a small script to automate that)

Then, make your staff use as much space as possible vertically : switch page mode off, move the staff baseline up while the uppest symbol is in the area, then reduce the area bottom so that the lowest symbol remains visible.

Switch to page mode again. There must be at least as many bars per line as you need. If not, you can either edit the engraver settings and select a more compact value, or reduce the global scale in printing options.

Then, insert line breaks and page breaks where needed.

an example is attached (I did it for the first 4 pages)

Edit : Oops, too late, bubu has been faster
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2012, 5:20pm by Olivier Guillion » offline

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
merrisian
Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 2nd, 2012, 9:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks so much!! Little bit of trial and error and ended up with EXACTLY what I wanted, phew what a relief. The key is making sure the upper and lower limits are just above and below the highest and lowest notes in scroll mode!! Then engraver setup to fine tune and control handles if necessary. Hardly need to force bars, groups etc. I knew there was asimple answer as the programme is so d**n good at everything else.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Last update:  (c) Myriad 2013