please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 3:13am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Cannot un-tie notes / Ne peut pas délier
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Cannot un-tie notes / Ne peut pas délier  (Read 1785 times)
Tony Deff
Board Master

How much music is out there, yet to be composed?

Email

Cannot un-tie notes / Ne peut pas délier  
« on: Mar 13th, 2011, 6:51pm »
Quote | Modify

I continue to find strange things happening after change of Time-Signature. In the attachment, bar 4 (sax) will not untie. (I could delete the notes and re-enter them, but that's not the point!)

The chord grid has already been "deleted" (!)
Clearing the commas from the chord grid, bar 4,defeats me.  

It can be shown that bar 3 is in 4/4 by trying to enter more notes in the top stave. Yet if a whole-note is superimposed on the first half-note (top-G) of bar 3 (Sax), bar 3 then has 6 beats.

If a whole-note is superimposed on the tied half-note (top-G), then the tie is simply inverted.

If a whole-note is superimposed on the first half-note (top-G) of bar 3 (Horns), 4 notes are replaced by 2 (magic!).
If it is superimposed on the second half-note (tied), it gets moved into the next bar.  

- - - - - - - - - - -

Encore, je trouve des choses étranges se produisant après le changement de <<Time-Signature>>. Dans la pièce ci-jointe, bar 4 (Sax) ne sera pas délier.

La grille d'accords ont déjà été "supprimé" (!)
Effacement de la virgule de la grille d'accords, bar 4, me renverse.

Il peut être démontré que la barre 3 est en 4/4 en essayant d'entrer dans plus de notes dans le top portée. Pourtant, si une ronde est superposée sur la première blanche (sol) de la barre 3 (Sax), il y aurait 6 battements.

Si une ronde est superposée sur la blanche liée (sol), alors le lien est tout simplement inversé.

Si une ronde est superposée sur la première blanche de la barre de 3 (Horns), 4 notes sont remplacés par 2 (magic!).

Mais si elle se superpose à la deuxieme blanche, elle est simplement déplacé dans la barre suivante.  

H.A. (2010), Gold Sound, Virtual Singer, Windows XP3, Firefox. Anglophone
Tony Deff
Board Master

How much music is out there, yet to be composed?

Email

Cannot remember the attachment!   Will_not_un-tie.myr
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2011, 8:12pm »
Quote | Modify

H.A. (2010), Gold Sound, Virtual Singer, Windows XP3, Firefox. Anglophone
bubu42
Board Master

Re: Cannot un-tie notes / Ne peut pas délier  
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2011, 10:23pm »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 13th, 2011, 6:51pm, Tony Deff wrote:
I continue to find strange things happening after change of Time-Signature. In the attachment, bar 4 (sax) will not untie. (I could delete the notes and re-enter them, but that's not the point!)

The chord grid has already been "deleted" (!)
Clearing the commas from the chord grid, bar 4,defeats me.  

It can be shown that bar 3 is in 4/4 by trying to enter more notes in the top stave. Yet if a whole-note is superimposed on the first half-note (top-G) of bar 3 (Sax), bar 3 then has 6 beats.

If you edit the second G note (sax, bar #3), you notice that its duration actually is a dotted half. So, it can't hold in the bar and the exceeding value is shifted to the next bar.
That's the problem with tied notes : they are considered as a single note, even if they show up as two different notes on the paper.
If you superimpose a whole note on the G note, HA will understand it as a new voice (4 beats on the top voice, the whole G, then a half B followed by a dotted half G and a B in chord) Quote:

If a whole-note is superimposed on the tied half-note (top-G), then the tie is simply inverted.

If a whole-note is superimposed on the first half-note (top-G) of bar 3 (Horns), 4 notes are replaced by 2 (magic!).
If it is superimposed on the second half-note (tied), it gets moved into the next bar.  

Then again, HA shifts the exceeding value to the next bar.
That's why I always use slurs instead of ties (apart from a few very special cases)

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad