Myriad Forum « Help me out of this hell HA put me in ARGH! »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:54pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Help me out of this hell HA put me in ARGH!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Help me out of this hell HA put me in ARGH!  (Read 511 times)
muogin
Board Newbie

Help me out of this hell HA put me in ARGH!  
« on: Sep 17th, 2004, 12:47am »
Quote | Modify

Hello,

I finally did it. I wrote a note for note measure for measure master piece using only HA.

A full piano part and vocal with lyrics.

Then I unchecked "limit editing to one bar" to add a simple volume swell across a couple bars.

It RUINED the whole piece?!!!?

It shifted the melody and or the lyrics by one unfindable weird note and I can't for the life of me get it back to its original semblance?!

Now all the parts are off sync except the piano?

ARGH! What can I do?

Help?

Thank you,
Muogin
Robert_A.
Beta-tester
Board Master

Vocalist

WWW |

Re: Help me out of this hell HA put me in ARGH!  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 1:04am »
Quote | Modify

If you are in the habit of making backups (*.bak), this is the time to use one. Be sure to make a duplicate of your *bak file.

I suspect that when you entered the music (with editing limited to one bar), you omitted filling one or more measures with rests. HA won't let you put "too much" music into a bar, but it lets you put "too little" music by filling bars with ghost rests.

Try converting ghost rests to real rests, and see if there is any visible difference.

Other than that, I don't know...
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Master

Québec, Canada. Classique, jazz, opéra, blues, etc

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 2:16am »
Quote | Modify

I don't know what you mean by adding a "volume swell", could you explain please?

However, what ever the meaning of above mentioned words, I personnally suspect that you have accidentaly deleted a note, reduced the value of a note, or moved one note over another one thus creating a void that is automatically filled by shifting all your music to the left when "limit to one bar" is unchecked. I suggest that you start from the point where your music is out of sync. and try to find out where the accident took place. Once you have found it, reenter the missing note making sure that "limit to one bar" is unchecked and it will move all your music to the right retreiving your score as it was before.

Laurier NAPPERT (Voyez mon nouveau site ci-dessous)
http://web.mac.com/lauriernappert/
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 5:23pm »
Quote | Modify

on Sep 17th, 2004, 12:47am, muogin wrote:

Then I unchecked "limit editing to one bar" to add a simple volume swell across a couple bars.

It RUINED the whole piece?!!!?
Muogin

Well, I had the same sort of experience a few months ago.  With the unchecked "limit edition...", I deleted one note that happened to be linked with the first not in the next measure. Laurier is right. The best way to settle the problem is to play the music, check where it goes wrong. and add some silence to "push" the notes into their right place.  
Good luck
Jean-Pierre

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad