Myriad Forum « A few small questions (Melody Assistant) »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:53am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   A few small questions (Melody Assistant)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: A few small questions (Melody Assistant)  (Read 752 times)
jblc
Board Newbie

A few small questions (Melody Assistant)  
« on: Jul 8th, 2004, 12:10am »
Quote | Modify

Hello,

MA is such a great program, I'm ordering it now.  While I wait for the registration process to go through, could someone please answer a few questions?  This is MA 6.44.

1) With a two-stave score such as piano, dynamics applied cannot be applied to both using one dynamics marker; it depends on which half it was placed.  Is this true?  I could add one marker to each, but then I'd have to change the score before printing so as to not have doubles.  Is there a way to change dynamics with _one_ standard markers (p, ff, etc) for _both_ staves?

2) I have lots of trouble editing anything close to slurs.  The editing tool adresses the slurs even when it just near it.  I have to first delete the slur before making changes near it, and then redo the slur.  Any advice?

3) Sometimes I get computer crashes, but _only_ while the music (piano only) is in PLAY mode.  It happens at least once every other day, some days five times.  Specs: Win98SE, 233MHz, 80Mb RAM, Avance Logic F880 sound card.  Does anybody else have this problem?

Thank you!

Paul
Dave Cho
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

WWW |

Re: A few small questions (Melody Assistant)  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:19am »
Quote | Modify

Hi,

For the question 3, this is the best way that you can try to download 7.0 first. If the problem also happen, report it to Myriad.

Best regards,
Dave
Didier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 7:11am »
Quote | Modify

on Jul 8th, 2004, 12:10am, pjc30943 wrote:
Hello,

MA is such a great program, I'm ordering it now.  While I wait for the registration process to go through, could someone please answer a few questions?  This is MA 6.44.

1) With a two-stave score such as piano, dynamics applied cannot be applied to both using one dynamics marker; it depends on which half it was placed.  Is this true?  I could add one marker to each, but then I'd have to change the score before printing so as to not have doubles.  Is there a way to change dynamics with _one_ standard markers (p, ff, etc) for _both_ staves?

If you have two staves on your score, double click on the dynamic and activate "apply "to all score.

Quote:

2) I have lots of trouble editing anything close to slurs.  The editing tool adresses the slurs even when it just near it.  I have to first delete the slur before making changes near it, and then redo the slur.  Any advice?

Increase the document display scale, you will got a better precision.

Best regards

Myriad Team
jblc
Board Newbie

« Reply #3 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:09pm »
Quote | Modify

Thank you both for your quick replies.
I will give your suggestions a try as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Paul
jblc
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 6:57am »
Quote | Modify

Again, thank you for the previous replies.  Okay, I installed MA v.7.0.

The problem with the slurs persists, and one other has appeared.  Perhaps somebody could please offer some advice?

If I have modified the shape of a slur, for example to much more rounded, then the entire territory between the original slur and new slur shape is "blanked out" from any editing action.  It is like an entire block that is treated like a slur (like a solid .gif object?), even if it is 1.5cm away from the actual slur (on actual 100% sheet printout).  Several chords can be trapped, for example, which I can't touch near slurs.  Even if the slur is not shape changed, if I want to do anything near it I must delete the slur first...otherwise the editing tool always turns into the rouge slur tool from even a mile away
  Zooming in does not help.
   Anyways, even if this is an unresolved issue, MA is such a great program it would not change my opinion.

The second thing is regarding a potential bug in 7.0, but it is a small problem that I'm seeking an answer to.  

If I export a file, say in Midi, to the floppy disk, then with every mouse click after that, for example to access a menu, the program will cause the disk drive to search for the disk.  This is even if has nothing to do with the file that I sent to the disk, or if that file was never even open and I just exported that Midi data.  I must restart MA to stop this constant "disk access".

Any advice would be very nice!

Thank you for your help,
Paul
Dave Cho
Beta-tester
Board Full Member

WWW |

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 8:19am »
Quote | Modify

Hi pjc30943,

You are right, the selected area of slur is a square, if some other objects at the same position of the selected area, you cannot move or select another objects.

May be the best way is make the selected area just only to the slur's curve, not a block. Is it possible?

Thank you very much!

Dave
Robins
Board Senior Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 12:13pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jul 10th, 2004, 6:57am, pjc30943 wrote:
Again, thank you for the previous replies.  Okay, I installed MA v.7.0.

The second thing is regarding a potential bug in 7.0, but it is a small problem that I'm seeking an answer to.  

If I export a file, say in Midi, to the floppy disk, then with every mouse click after that, for example to access a menu, the program will cause the disk drive to search for the disk.  This is even if has nothing to do with the file that I sent to the disk, or if that file was never even open and I just exported that Midi data.  I must restart MA to stop this constant "disk access".

Any advice would be very nice!

Thank you for your help,
Paul

If you go into Config > global setup> Start up and uncheck the automatic document loading on start up this shoild solve the problem. The reason being that MA is trying to load the last document you worked on
Laurier
Beta-tester
Board Master

Québec, Canada. Classique, jazz, opéra, blues, etc

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 12:57pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jul 10th, 2004, 6:57am, pjc30943 wrote:
The problem with the slurs persists...

If I have modified the shape of a slur, for example to much more rounded, then the entire territory between the original slur and new slur shape is "blanked out" from any editing action.  It is like an entire block that is treated like a slur (like a solid .gif object?), even if it is 1.5cm away from the actual slur (on actual 100% sheet printout).  Several chords can be trapped, for example, which I can't touch near slurs.  Even if the slur is not shape changed, if I want to do anything near it I must delete the slur first...otherwise the editing tool always turns into the rouge slur tool from even a mile away
  Zooming in does not help.

This is not an unresolved issue, it has always been this way. I suppose the Guillon have a proper explanation for this, but has pointed out by Dave Cho, the area of a slur is in the shape of a rectangle in front of everything else. I can tell you what I usually do if that can help.

I only use slurs when I have to and I will use the tie instead when and where it can replace the slur.

Slurs will usually be the last thing I put up in my score after I've made all the changes I need.

If I have to use slurs before, I'll try to keep the slurs far enough to allow me to edit what is around and I will move it closer at the end so it wont interfere during the process of editing.

If everything is finished and and I still have a small change to make and the slur gets in the way, instead of feleting it I just move it away a wee bit, enough to allow me to make the changes I need to make and move it back in place after editing.

Laurier NAPPERT (Voyez mon nouveau site ci-dessous)
http://web.mac.com/lauriernappert/
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad