please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 5:30am 
   Myriad Forum
   Galerie
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Lightroom 3 Export and Galerie
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Lightroom 3 Export and Galerie  (Read 3164 times)
ariovist
Board Newbie

Lightroom 3 Export and Galerie  
« on: Jul 26th, 2011, 10:57pm »
Quote | Modify

I use Lightroom 3.4.1 on Windows XP SP 3.  

We have been trying to integrate some of my photos into his albums.  This works if I export from Lr using Minimize Metadata, but otherwise it crashes with AppleScript Error 1728.
No other program I've tried has had problems with my Lr output, but Galerie has also not had problems from any other source on my friend's computer.

Any ideas?

Ari
ariovist
Board Newbie

Re: Lightroom 3 Export and Galerie  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27th, 2011, 7:55am »
Quote | Modify

I'm sorry, I see that one of my sentences that was supposed to be in the above post is missing.

My friend has been using Galerie for many years on OS X 10.5.8 without problems, but now it seems the EXIF data output from Lr is causing Galerie to crash.

I have made some headway with an EXIF plugin for Lr, but haven't located the problem exactly yet.

-- Ari
ariovist
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2011, 5:41am »
Quote | Modify

After a series of trials using Jeffrey Friedl's "Metadata Wrangler", we narrowed it down to focus on the IPTC block -  
which contained nothing but my copyright, and my email address.  After removing the IPTC block, the photo works fine in Galerie.  With the IPTC block, Galerie crashes.  The rest of the metadata caused no problems.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2011, 3:04pm »
Quote | Modify

I forgot the details, but I remember we had some difficulty labeling IPTC info in Galerie because different image programs used different fields for the same type of info and/or different types of info in the same field and/or different labels for the same fields.

Apparently there is a incompatibility with metadata used in Lightroom that is related to IPTC data. Have you tried disabling IPTC info for both thumbnails and pictures in Galerie main window and/or deselecting the use of some or all IPTC data in Galerie Preferences?

Ronald.
ariovist
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29th, 2011, 7:42am »
Quote | Modify

My friend just systematically went through disabling parts of the IPTC data until nothing was left.  Unfortunately, even after all IPTC fields were turned off in Galerie Preferences, the 1738 error still persisted.

At no point was Add IPTC selected on the Main Galerie page.

So for use in his albums, I'll be suppressing IPTC from Lightroom.  Not really a problem, now that I know what's needed.

BTW, a correction: my friend uses OS X 10.6.8., not 10.5.8. as I had previously written.

-- Ari
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad