Myriad Forum « SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2) »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2014, 3:54pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Galerie
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)  (Read 4396 times)
liam635
Board Newbie

SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)  
« on: Dec 27th, 2010, 4:30pm »
Quote | Modify

thought i would post the solve to this problem, i don't know if its been addressed somewhere but if it was, I could never find anything on any forum online about what this was or what was happening, then i solved it myself troubleshooting, so i figured i would post my solve, in case anyone was having the same problem.  

sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)
Galerie will give you this error message when you drag a folder or a whole bunch of files into gallery. I was clueless as to why this was happening.  

Answer:  one or many of the files you are trying to add have a filename that contains spaces. remove the spaces and your images will load into Galerie.  

easy fix, unless...

You are like me and use a program like capture 1 pro teatherd to your camera and it creates EVERY file from a shoot with a name like "date time projectname filenumber.jpg"  you have 4OO+ files with spaces in the files name, and you cannot batch rename because you will lose continuity in filenaming.  

i found a wonderful script {for mac os} that can convert every file in one directory simultaneously from containing spaces, to not. this is ideal for not renaming everything manually {wich blows} and also maintaining synchronicity with your file names
 read below:  

1}open terminal
2}CD to desired directory
3}copy this script and paste in to terminal:  

#! /bin/sh

for n in *
do
OldName=$n
NewName=`echo $n | tr -d " "`
#NewName=`echo $n | tr -s " " "_"`
echo $NewName
mv "$OldName" "$NewName"
done

4}and voiola!  your done!  

then drag and drop into Galerie.  

i hope this is helpful to someone!  i was banging my head against a wall for like 4 months about this.  

Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

Re: SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2010, 11:41pm »
Quote | Modify

Ingenious solution!

However, there exists a beta version of Galerie that solves this problem that started with Galerie in Leopard.

See this thread: http://www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/bbs/YaBB.pl?board=galerie;action=di splay;num=1203998543

Development of Galerie has been terminated since, so a release version with this fix was never released.

Ronald.
liam635
Board Newbie

Re: SOLVED:  sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory (2)  
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2010, 12:46am »
Quote | Modify

rock N roll Ronald!  ill download and check it out
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Last update:  (c) Myriad 2013