Myriad Forum « A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?) »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Nov 19th, 2017, 9:59am 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?)  (Read 678 times)
muddle
Board Senior Member

A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?)   david_G_S.zip
« on: Aug 25th, 2015, 12:21am »
Quote | Modify

This was an experiment which reminds me of a type of male voice I've heard in G&S operas.  
It would be good if there was more 'crackle' or 'reediness' in the voice but  I cant find how to do it.
 ( it sounds quite amusing as a contralto also) .

It was hard to  get the  words clear enough to understand.  
It probably can't sing the very fast  "modern major general'  type songs. At least, not so you could understand the words.

note .... I read an interesting article about how the brain identifies  audible words by picking out the start and end.
Which probably means that the consonants should be set even louder?
Putting a little space between the words helped at times.

Perhaps the vibrato could be changed for other music styles.  

Muddle

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
muddle
Board Senior Member

Re: A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?)   jury_combi.mp3
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2015, 12:23am »
Quote | Modify

Here's some demo / test results.   The background chorus has a mixture of real voices... some have  this new  voice as well to try and lighten the chorus tone.    

Muddle.

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
SDoerr
Board Full Member

stephen.doerr@yahoo.com  
Email

Re: A possibly useful real singer english voice for Gilbert and Sullivan music.(?)  
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2015, 11:41am »
Quote | Modify

I like it!

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Doerr
Gravesend, UK
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad