please Login or Register.
Aug 29th, 2014, 8:09pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Help a new user please?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Help a new user please?  (Read 3322 times)
David09
Board Full Member

Help a new user please?   HA_2.png
« on: Jun 7th, 2012, 10:19am »
Quote | Modify

I am just trying to understand how Harmony assistant and Virtual SInger work but have problems finding answers in the Manual or online tutorials. In this score [imported as graphic midi file] bar 49 got messed up but I cannot find a way to move the notes to the right places,surely there must be a way other than cut and copy-which I tried but the behavior of the cursor is very unique,I don't understand the cursor's many functions.

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are definite, the Universe, and Human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
Suricate
Board Full Member

Re: Help a new user please?  
« Reply #1 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 5:51pm »
Quote | Modify

Comme on a qu'une partie sur l'image, il est difficile de se faire une opinion précise. Je crains toutefois que l'aire de la portée soit délimitée par les pointillés situés au niveau de la ligne du si pour la limite haute, et de la ligne du do pour la limite basse. Vos notes seraient alors hors de l'aire de la portée et donc insaisisables avec le lasso. Si c'est bien cela, modifiez la limite haute de la portée, et tout (?) devrait s'arranger.

Suricate
jihel9
Board Master

baryton

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 6:30pm »
Quote | Modify

use engraver mode in Score menu. try arithmetic !!

Jean Louis, à Anthisnes (25 Km au sud de Liège)
Harmony Assistant, la dernière version
Win 7, Intel I3-370m, 4gb, Firefox
David09
Board Full Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 6:50pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jun 7th, 2012, 5:51pm, Suricate wrote:
Comme on a qu'une partie sur l'image, il est difficile de se faire une opinion précise. Je crains toutefois que l'aire de la portée soit délimitée par les pointillés situés au niveau de la ligne du si pour la limite haute, et de la ligne du do pour la limite basse. Vos notes seraient alors hors de l'aire de la portée et donc insaisisables avec le lasso. Si c'est bien cela, modifiez la limite haute de la portée, et tout (?) devrait s'arranger.

Suricate

Thanks very much, how do I get this in english?

Albert Einstein: "Only two things are definite, the Universe, and Human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
David09
Board Full Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 6:51pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jun 7th, 2012, 6:30pm, jihel9 wrote:
use engraver mode in Score menu. try arithmetic !!

Thanks I will try that, but I am not certain what the reference to arithmetic is about.

Suricate
Board Full Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 8:00pm »
Quote | Modify

As we see only a part of the stave on the image, it is difficult to answer. I am afraid the stave range is bounded by the dots lines located at the level of the line of "si" the high limit, and the do for the lower boundary line. Your notes would be outside the range of the stave and so insaisisables with the lasso. If it is this, change the upper limit of the stave, and all (?) should arrange.  
Excuse me for my bad english.  
Suricate
Tony Deff
Board Senior Member

We must re-cycle, but not  for at least 70 years!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 7th, 2012, 9:41pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jun 7th, 2012, 6:50pm, David09 wrote:
Thanks very much, how do I get this in English?

Open up another browser window and invoke a program such as Google Translate or Bablefish.

Switching windows, copy the French text and paste it in.
Set it to translate into English, then have a good laugh.  

Learn French musical terms for words mentioned in Menus and Help files by noting the position of the English term, then clicking ? in the top Menu Bar and choosing Language / Francais
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2012, 9:50pm by Tony Deff » offline
David09
Board Full Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 8th, 2012, 10:23am »
Quote | Modify

on Jun 7th, 2012, 8:00pm, Suricate wrote:
As we see only a part of the stave on the image, it is difficult to answer. I am afraid the stave range is bounded by the dots lines located at the level of the line of "si" the high limit, and the do for the lower boundary line. Your notes would be outside the range of the stave and so insaisisables with the lasso. If it is this, change the upper limit of the stave, and all (?) should arrange.  
Excuse me for my bad english.  
Suricate

Thanks Suricate, your english is excellent, certainly better than my butchering the beautiful  french language. I understand what you mean about the lasso not reaching the high notes with the score parameters as they are. This was my first attempt to import a .mid file to add Lyrics to, so I have much to learn. Once more merci mille fois!

David09
Board Full Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 8th, 2012, 10:29am »
Quote | Modify

on Jun 7th, 2012, 9:41pm, Tony Deff wrote:

Open up another browser window and invoke a program such as Google Translate or Bablefish.

Switching windows, copy the French text and paste it in.
Set it to translate into English, then have a good laugh.  

Learn French musical terms for words mentioned in Menus and Help files by noting the position of the English term, then clicking ? in the top Menu Bar and choosing Language / Francais

Thanks Tony, good suggestions. I use Chrome but the translate seems only to work on full foreign language pages. Copy to another open browser window sounds likeit should work, Thanks again for the advice. I will pay atttention to the french termd usded, I worked for 10 years as William Christie's baroque bassoonist so french musical terms are no problem, these instruction terms are different but should become familiar to me in a short time if I do as you advised.

Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Last update:  (c) Myriad 2013