please Login or Register.
Jul 31st, 2014, 3:33am 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   method for oratorio/operatic voice?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: method for oratorio/operatic voice?  (Read 7097 times)
pierlagg_fr
Board Junior Member

Email

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?   125.1.What_a_wonderful_world.master.mus
« Reply #30 on: Jul 15th, 2008, 5:18pm »
Quote | Modify

to Musicaresco :

Robert is right. the four ghosts at the right of the screen are part of my negligence.
As they were no harm to the audio file that I had to produce, they are still there. So sorry.  
I wish to thank you for the review of my poor-old-geginner work.^pls. attachd. is the choral version complete, by the authors. (1967)

sincerely    
pierlagg

pierlagg_fr
Musicaresco

Email

Effect Choir   Effect_choir.jpg
« Reply #31 on: Jul 15th, 2008, 6:58pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

You are very cute!  
Joking aside, about choir, I am asking how to simulate the effect of realistic mismatches into the various singers. In the real singers, despite the skill, not attack the sound perfectly at the same time.  
For groped to achieve this effect, I used the "Delay with return" If well used, it seems to me simulate mismatches in attacks.  
You do you think?  
You know some other system?
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008, 6:59pm by musicaresco » offline

muddle
Board Senior Member

WWW |

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?  
« Reply #32 on: Jul 16th, 2008, 12:59am »
Quote | Modify

That  mus file is  rather pleasing to listen to.   Well done.  
Thanks  pierlagg.  

muddle

Mp3's of User Instruments :- http://aaronlawrence.fastmail.fm/Music/userins.htm
You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum#g/u
pierlagg_fr
Board Junior Member

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 16th, 2008, 12:53pm »
Quote | Modify

to Musicaresco :

I agree on your search for better choir voices, since the program supplied voices are rather poor, say "improvable".
Before I find some time to cross-test your proposed method,

I would try also : to have several singers singing a single voice of a same staff, everyone of them having settings of VS parameters about like,
time shift 15ms +-, choir detuning  20 (/100 tone)  

Those parameters will vary at random  beside nominal time and pitch, what we expect from a real choir. I am going to try that also.

By the way, I am interested to know how you export and edit extracts of the harmony Asst.windows. That may interest many beginners like me, but if prooved too long on this board, pls.use my direct e-mail on the left of the message.

I will revert within 48hrs.  nice to see that the "4 ghosts" misfit leds to a real topic,  

cheers.   pierre

pierlagg_fr
Musicaresco

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jul 16th, 2008, 9:12pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

Quote:
I would try also : to have several singers singing a single voice of a same staff, everyone of them having settings of VS parameters about like,  
time shift 15ms +-, choir detuning  20 (/100 tone)  

it is true! But I noticed that these parameters (choir size) work only with voices VS and not with RS so, with voices RS, it is necessary to processor effects!  

Luigi
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008, 9:14pm by musicaresco » offline
Musicaresco

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 17th, 2008, 4:38pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

Returning to talk about the choir, I wanted to ask an opinion to Robert: You can get a chorus effect for items RS and if so how?
Robert_A.
Beta-tester
Board Master

Vocalist

WWW |

« Reply #36 on: Jul 17th, 2008, 4:59pm »
Quote | Modify

I have not tried a chorus effect in RS. Your method, using the effects processor, seems to be best.

Note: When a Real Singer voice is used, the *.myr music file embeds the voice data. So, the *.myr file is very large. If you have many independent (different voice files) Real Singer voices, the file can be extremely large.

But if you re-use the same voice, on different staves, with different effects, then the *.myr file does not grow too large.
Musicaresco

Email

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?   AV_Mozart_FXchorus.myr
« Reply #37 on: Jul 17th, 2008, 6:25pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

With the views expressed.  
Lately I'm trying to use the chorus effect (FX) adjusted to a certain frequency and amplitude and I must say that the result is not evil.  

I have attached the Ave Verum transposed in Sol (the original tone should be Fa!) To highlight sounds of head of singers!
Maybe then I say that seems to be you!
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2008, 6:26pm by musicaresco » offline
pierlagg_fr
Board Junior Member

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jul 18th, 2008, 9:14am »
Quote | Modify

Luigi, after tests, I can say that my proposal under resp.#33 works; a choir effect can be set on a single staff tune whether the voice is RS or VS.
To do that , it takes only a couple of clicks for each choir member, without the drawback of extra-loading the file each time.

I have prepared an demo file, but I have to redo it due to Int.Property pbms.

(note ; I have a problem to solve, because I cannot open attchments to this forum posts...)

pierlagg_fr
Musicaresco

Email

Effect choir  
« Reply #39 on: Jul 19th, 2008, 4:23pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

To return to the Sermon on the simulation of the choir with VS and RS, I tried the method proposed by Pierre:  
it is to create, for each staff, other objects with the same text and otherwise adjust the delay in the attack.  
Unfortunately, this method is laborious, especially for pieces of many voices.  
We would like a script able to clone the voices!  
Not sure if there is or who can achieve it?  
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2008, 4:24pm by musicaresco » offline
pierlagg_fr
Board Junior Member

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jul 19th, 2008, 8:50pm »
Quote | Modify

assigning several singers to the same staff is not laborious; it is just a few clicks really.

Did you try to have a dual chant of a VS soprano and a VS mezzo. It is beautifull !

But the problem is : the weight (in Mo) of the file increases rapidly, as was pointed-out by Robert.

I shall try to understand your clones business. Thanks.

pierre

pierlagg_fr
James Warren
Board Master

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?   Ave_Vernum_Corpus_Mozart_FXchorusRealSingers.myr
« Reply #41 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 6:50am »
Quote | Modify

on Jul 17th, 2008, 6:25pm, Musicaresco wrote:
With the views expressed.
Lately I'm trying to use the chorus effect (FX) adjusted to a certain frequency and amplitude and I must say that the result is not evil.  

I have attached the Ave Verum transposed in Sol (the original tone should be Fa!) To highlight sounds of head of singers!
Maybe then I say that seems to be you!

That is a lovely file.  What you have done with the chorus effect is good and it also works with Real Singer voices but so does the Virtual Singer Chorus Size slider.  I think that the Virtual Singer chorus size function works well if you are willing to raise the choir detuning.  I like the sound of big choirs so I have attached some or Robert's Real Singers to your file.  Do you find the effect not "choir like" or out of tune or wrong in some way?  I ask because I have read posts by others claiming to not like the Virtual Singer Chorus Size effect and I have always wondered why they don't.
Musicaresco

Email

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?   Ave_Verum_Corpus_Mozart_part1.zip
« Reply #42 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 3:55pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

on Jul 20th, 2008, 6:50am, James Warren wrote:

That is a lovely file.  What you have done with the chorus effect is good and it also works with Real Singer voices but so does the Virtual Singer Chorus Size slider.  I think that the Virtual Singer chorus size function works well if you are willing to raise the choir detuning.  I like the sound of big choirs so I have attached some or Robert's Real Singers to your file.  Do you find the effect not "choir like" or out of tune or wrong in some way?  I ask because I have read posts by others claiming to not like the Virtual Singer Chorus Size effect and I have always wondered why they don't.

I saw your file.  
You are able to apply the "Chorus Size slider" but you have deleted the samples of fragments of RS so much so that the voices of Robert RS have become voices VS! However, the idea of applying the "balance" is excellent and combines very well with the "chorus" (FX).  
I attach a new file compressed (zipped and divided into two parts) because it contains a nice sample of sounds (violins).  
At the bass I also added a voice of cont.bass, as in Russian choirs.  
I would have liked to use items RS but the file becomes too large and two divisions will be insufficient!  
instructions:  
--- Decompress two rows in the same folder and launch the self.  
You see what it seems ...  
Greetings!
Luigi
Musicaresco

Email

Re: method for oratorio/operatic voice?   Ave_Verum_Corpus_Mozart_part2.zip
« Reply #43 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 3:56pm »
Quote | Modify | Remove

----------->

the second part
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:08am by musicaresco » offline
James Warren
Board Master

« Reply #44 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 8:33pm »
Quote | Modify

Grazie mille!

It sounds good.  You have improved the choir settings a little bit I think and they do work to enhance the Real Singer voices that don't respond as well to Chorus size.

I haven't removed anything from Robert's Anne, Jeanne, Luke and Guy voices.
I don't remember well the details now but they were the last collection that he posted on the forum here.
They were "streamlined" to use more of the VS sounds somehow and they were only meant for English use I believe.
Robert will have to verify this or correct my probable error.

Despite the English orientation they seem to work with Latin.
If you guys can make your language specific Real Singer voices in the same way maybe they will work as well with Chorus size.

Edit:  Here is Roberts original post.
http://www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/bbs/YaBB.pl?board=Scores;action=dis play;num=1170343454;start=0
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008, 9:36pm by James Warren » offline
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Last update:  (c) Myriad 2013