HomeProductsDownloadOrderSupportSearch

Myriad Forum « Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:25am 
   Myriad Forum
   PDFtoMusic / PDFtoMusic Pro
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  (Read 4996 times)
iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  
« on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 3:14pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello everyone,  

I purchased PDFtoMusic so I could convert multiple PDF sheets to .midi files. So the PDF file loads up and I export the .midi file.

However when I import the .midi file into guitar pro 5 or tuxguitar the entire track is screwed up, the notes are like 27th fret and way off the chart.

I'm usually quite good with using programs and I've been struggling with this for quite some time. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled..
I contacted sylvie@myriad-online.com yesterday but haven't received a reply yet.

Also if I try to disable "allow key changes in the "correction" tab I get this crash http://prntscr.com/8jkffw

Any help is really appreciated as I'm not sure what's happening, so far I'm hating this software.

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2015, 5:58pm by iTzReignHD » offline
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Importing .Midi files into PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 4:31pm »
Quote | Modify

I'd suggest you attach a pdf file which causes the problem.

I'd imagine you tried in demo mode before purchasing (you convert one page at a time).  

In PDFtoMusic, you can also play directly. Also, the exported MIDI file could be played by a media player. How are these?
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2015, 4:34pm by ANdre_B » offline

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

Re: Importing .Midi files into PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 4:49pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi. Yes I tried demo first then went ahead and bought full version $49USD.

Here is the PDF file http://www.mediafire.com/download/77kmajtvikzet3h/Avenged+Sevenfold+-+Bu ried+Alive.pdf

Can't attach because it says it's too big a file so I put it on my mediafire account. Thanks in advance.
iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

Re: Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 6:19pm »
Quote | Modify

So has anyone had any luck with the .PDF file converting it to midi?  

As I said earlier the .midi file produced by PDFtoMusic  sounds terrible plus really messed up when I import it to any guitar software like GP5 or tuxguitar.

If anyone can help me by doing some tests please do so.  Thanks in advance.
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 8:33pm »
Quote | Modify

Please allow us 24 hours to reply significantly.  

At first glance, the input into HA (.myr file) is quite good (though some endings might not have been interpreded) and playing stops too early, but the MIDI export doesn't seem too clean.  

I think most people use PDFtoMusic to input into HA.  
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2015, 8:34pm by ANdre_B » offline

iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23rd, 2015, 9:19pm »
Quote | Modify

See I was under the impression PDFtoMusic was capable of producing a clean .Midi file as it has that option.  

The software is of no use to me if it can't do that.
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24th, 2015, 9:47am »
Quote | Modify

Well, first, there is nothing in your file that you couldn't realize with the unregistered version.

That being said, internally your file is drawn using a huge collection of curves, without any font or character.
Due to this, PDFtoMusic has some troubles understanding the tablature part.

However, it recognizes well the classical notation above.

So to produce a "clean" MIDI output, try first to select only the first part (#1) in the export box.

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24th, 2015, 4:10pm »
Quote | Modify

on Sep 24th, 2015, 9:47am, Olivier Guillion wrote:

Hi, I tried what you said and exported just one page but same result result as exporting the entire thing.  

I see the curves that your talking about but I don't think that's the problem, I tried other PDF files also and they were showing similar problems too.
bubu42
Board Master

Re: Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues   derviche01.pdf
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24th, 2015, 7:31pm »
Quote | Modify

I've just tried the file (both in the regular and pro versions, including the new beta-test one). I only exported part #1 into HA and tried to export it in MIDI format.
Apparently, there seems to be a problem with the way the .pdf is made. For example, PDF2M generates an error in the second bar (the last note is not recognized as a 1/8th) Worse, when imported straigth form PDF2M into HA, the notehead shapes are set to weird values (suares, triangles, etc.) and impossible to change. That's the first time I've seen such an issue while analyzing .pdf files.
I attach a .pdf generated with PdfCreator which seems to work well.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

- Re: Converting .PDF to .Midi files using PDFtoMusic - Having big issues  
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25th, 2015, 2:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Comfirming the comments already made by Olivier and Bubu, I think that an export should be attempted only on the first staff - anyway the tablature should not add any formal information.  

Apparently several lines are not drawn in the usual way, and I understand it can disturb the converter. I think of the following:

- little straight lines (before the first note, between the two eigths of the second bar, etc. Not being a guitar player, I have no idea if they are supposed to mean something.  
- the endings in measure 23 and 25 are not recognized; too high?  
- the inverted ties everywhere on the bass note.  

In any case, the operation performed by PDFtoMusic is not a straightforward one, there is room left for guessing. And one generally is satisfied if a fair amount of the pdf notation is given back.  

Something I would stress out and which may be useful for the developers:  

When not using HA, and importing the MIDI export into some other software, the output quality is rather poor (with this file, I mean, not in general); in particular, several 8ths are seen as quarters, mand many measures are shown in 7:8 or 4:4.  
When exporting in .myr, and reading this into HA, the result is much better, at last as far as reading 8ths is concerned.  
I understand that midi is not a notation format, and that passing through it in a conversion process will by itself lower the accuracy.

iTzReignHD
Board Newbie

« Reply #10 on: Sep 25th, 2015, 5:07pm »
Quote | Modify

Okay.. so what do you suggest I do with the PDFtoMusic? I don't know anything about it also I'm not sure if your the owner or not.

I was never aware the software would become confused by some lines or whatever.

Also I don't have this harmony software that your referring to and it's going to be very expensive for me if I have to buy that also.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad